Dear Howard Families,
To provide an environment that will ensure students perform their best on the tests, we will adhere to the following procedures during the testing week:
- Students will be reminded and encouraged to get plenty of rest and arrive at school on time. Attendance is crucial.
- STAAR testing groups will be pre-assigned.
- Outside food will not be allowed…campus is closed. Lunches will be provided for students through the cafeteria on all testing days. Parents may prepare a sack lunch for their students if they prefer to do so.
- Dress code policy will be enforced…no blankets or pajamas on campus.
- Classes will be adjusted due to the testing schedule.
- STAAR Reading 7th Grade
- April 18th
- STAAR Reading 8th Grade
- April 19th
- STAAR Science 8th Grade
- April 25th
- STAAR Social Studies 8th Grade
- April 26th
- STAAR Math 8th Grade
- May 2nd
- STAAR Math 7th Grade
- May 3rd
- Algebra I EOC
- May 3rd
- AP Spanish
- May 10th
Chromebooks:Our students will be taking their STAAR tests digitally, so it is imperative that they’re in the habit of bringing Chromebooks to school on a regular basis along with their chargers.
- Chromebooks are brought to school charged and ready for use.
Testing Reminders:As our students approach testing, we encourage all parents to consider the following:
- Ensure student is present in class for instruction by decreasing tardiness and absences
- Schedule doctor appointments so as to not conflict with the testing schedule if possible
- Balanced meals, drinking plenty of water, and getting plenty of rest help students prepare for the test
- Encourage students and create an environment that evokes a confident approach to testing week
- Access parent resources for STAAR Testing to help students adequately prepare. Click on the following links: STAAR Redesign Parent Information 2023.pdf Click here for access to the online practice test.
- STAAR Testing Restroom Monitors Needed…give an hour of your time. Click here to sign up!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 682-314-1050.