STAAR Testing Information for Parents
Dear Howard Families,
To provide an environment that will ensure students perform their best on the tests, we will adhere to the following procedures during the testing week:
- Students will be reminded and encouraged to get plenty of rest and arrive at school on time. Attendance is crucial.
- STAAR testing groups will be pre-assigned.
- Outside food will not be allowed…campus is closed. Lunches will be provided for students through the cafeteria on all testing days. Parents may prepare a sack lunch for their students if they prefer to do so.
- Dress code policy will be enforced…no blankets or pajamas on campus.
- Classes will be adjusted due to the testing schedule.
- STAAR Reading 7th Grade
- April 18th
- STAAR Reading 8th Grade
- April 19th
- STAAR Science 8th Grade
- April 25th
- STAAR Social Studies 8th Grade
- April 26th
- STAAR Math 8th Grade
- May 2nd
- STAAR Math 7th Grade
- May 3rd
- Algebra I EOC
- May 3rd
- AP Spanish
- May 10th
Chromebooks:Our students will be taking their STAAR tests digitally, so it is imperative that they’re in the habit of bringing Chromebooks to school on a regular basis along with their chargers.
- Chromebooks are brought to school charged and ready for use.
Testing Reminders:As our students approach testing, we encourage all parents to consider the following:
- Ensure student is present in class for instruction by decreasing tardiness and absences
- Schedule doctor appointments so as to not conflict with the testing schedule if possible
- Balanced meals, drinking plenty of water, and getting plenty of rest help students prepare for the test
- Encourage students and create an environment that evokes a confident approach to testing week
- Access parent resources for STAAR Testing to help students adequately prepare. Click on the following links: STAAR Redesign Parent Information 2023.pdf Click here for access to the online practice test.
- STAAR Testing Restroom Monitors Needed…give an hour of your time. Click here to sign up!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 682-314-1050.