To provide an environment that will ensure students perform their best on the tests, we will adhere to the following procedures during testing week:
- Students will be reminded and encouraged to get plenty of rest and arrive to school on time. Attendance is crucial.
- STAAR testing groups will be pre-assigned.
- Outside food will not be allowed…campus is closed. Lunches will be provided for students through the cafeteria all testing days. Parents may prepare a sack lunch for their student if they prefer to do so.
- Dress code policy will be enforced…no blankets or pajamas on campus.
- Classes will be adjusted due to the testing schedule.
- Algebra 1 EOC √
- May 4th
- STAAR Science 8th Grade √
- May 5th
- STAAR Social Studies 8th Grade
- May 6th
- STAAR Math 8th Grade
- May 10th
- STAAR Math 7th Grade (paper testers only)
- May 10th
- STAAR Reading 7th Grade
- May 11th
- STAAR Reading 8th Grade
- May 12th
- STAAR Math 7th Grade
- May 13th
- Students must form a habit of bringing Chromebooks to school on a regular basis.
- Chromebooks are brought to school charged and ready for use.
- Students who do not have a Chromebook may use the following link to request one.https://www.cognitoforms.com/MansfieldISD2/mansfieldisdstudenthelpdeskrequest
- Reminders for students to bring their Chromebooks will be sent weekly.
As our students approach testing, we encourage all parents to consider the following:
- Ensure student is present in class for instruction by decreasing tardiness and absences
- Schedule doctor appointments as to not conflict with testing schedule if possible
- Balanced meals, drinking plenty of water and getting plenty of rest help students prepare for test
- Encourage students and create an environment that evokes a confident approach to testing week
- Access parent resources for STAAR Testing to help students adequately prepare. Click on the following links: More STAAR parent resources Click here for access to online practice test.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you and have a great day.
Morgan MortonAssistant Principal T.A. Howard Middle School